Photography: Stepping Stones





Do you ever sit down and think about the future?  Lately I've been doing that a lot.  Naturally this causes some anxiety because I have no idea what I'm going to do in the next 5 years.  All my life I always had this assurance and for some reason I've lost it.  I need to learn to trust in God again.  I know that he wants the best for me, so I guess I've just lost sight of that.

The act of not worrying is something that's hard for me.  I like to know where I'm going and know what I'm going to do with my life.  I want my life to be one of purpose.  I have faith that it will be, but in the mean time it's hard to just trust in God.  It's becoming a daily conscious act of learning to cut out my worrying and just relax.  Yes, I wish I knew what my life is going to look like and yes it's incredibly scary not knowing this, and yes at times I feel weak, but I still have the belief that things will work out in the end and I won't be an old maid living by myself with no children and tons of cats :D

Tell me .... do you ever worry about the future to the point where it consumes you and worries you constantly?

1 comment

  1. mmmm, yes, i'm a worrier. i'm also incredibly ambitious and a huge dreamer, so mixed with the worrisome tendencies... it's quite the combination. ;) not to mention, i have major trust issues... MAJOR. it's this constant battle with myself, a daily battle, to hand it all over to god. really, it should be easy, god is... god. and he has it all under control. he gave me passions and dreams and hopes for a reason and i know he will use my life in ways that are beyond my comprehension... and that's SO exciting!! but it's that struggle to just give over my life and my future that's so hard. it's a daily act, like you said, and sometimes i'm a stubborn butthead about it. ;)

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!

© Streets and Stripes
Maira Gall