Post from the Road: The Grand Canyon (Day 7)

Today was THE day. We hiked the Grand Canyon!
Honestly, these pictures don't do justice to the beauty of the Grand Canyon.  I've seen it in pictures all my life going through school, but I never imagined it would be so LARGE.  Because of the enormity we only touched a sliver of the terrain.
We woke up pretty early today to catch the train all the way up to the top of the mountain.  It was a 2hr 15min train ride but they had entertainment along so it went by pretty fast!
My feet got pretty dirty by the end of the day (this was in the beginning).
I really wish I took better pictures of the Canyon, but these are just going to have to do.
Have any of you guys been to the Grand Canyon before?  What was your experience like?  I'd love to hear about it! I hope to go back again some day.

I'm going to post a few more pictures from this day later on, so stay tuned!

No comments

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!

© Streets and Stripes
Maira Gall