Style Files: The Cargo

Coat and dress-H&M, Shoes-Target, Bag-Fossil (thrifted)
This is another outfit that I wore nannying. I'm starting to figure out what works and what doesn't. And after searching for a cargo coat for the longest time, I finally found one in my budget. This beauty only cost me $17 and it comes from H&M (thanks Mandy for the heads up!).
I'm starting to realize how much of an undisciplined person I am. I don't think it's ever been this bad before in my life! Perhaps it's the summer time or maybe it's just that life has dealt some hard things lately, but I need to start stepping up and getting things back in order.
The funny thing about this dress is that it's actually shorter in the front than it is in the back.  Call me dummy, but I didn't realize this as I tried it on the store and only noticed this once I wore it at home. :D Whoops! But I still think it's a passable dress so it's staying.
Also I just want to thank Jeanna for the lovely blog award! Jeanna is one of my must-see style blogs that I read daily.  Visit here to see what I mean.

Ps - This weekend I rounded up my favorite looks from July. It was actually fun looking back! I might continue to do this at the end of each month just as a reflection to see how my style is coming.

14 comments

  1. cooler colours like these are so perfect on you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome for the blog award, and thanks so much for the sweet mention! :)

    By the way, way to go with the great deal on your cargo jacket! It looks like it will be a fantastic piece to wear as the weather gets cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that jacket! i've been looking for one like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute jacket! I love it paired with a simple summer dress. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that simple dress and the jacket really works well with it. I love dresses that do that longer in the back thing, handy for covering up while still looking chic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The jacket is awesome, looks great with the dress (and your hair color)!! I also like the button accessory on your bag. Cute outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look pretty!!! cargo is one of my fav colors !

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw your comment - so glad you found the jacket! It looks really adorable; you can never go wrong with H&M I swear....

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that cargo jacket on you. For some reason I have not had any luck at pulling one of those off. It looks so chic with the asymmetrical dress. Your hair is really lovely as well. What's your styling routine?

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww heck. i was just at H&M in chicago and didnt even see this amazing jacket! but i need it in my life. it looks amazing on you!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. That jacket is awesome, by the way I love your hair, is it naturally curly or do you do something to it, whatever you do I think it looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My hair is naturally this wavy/curly. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are gorgeous Chaucee, I love your hair colour (and your hair in general!) I really like the cargo coat too, it's a perfect piece to keep wearing well into the fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. At least your dress isn't see-through. I have one that's longer at the back and kind of transparent and requires all sorts of slip shenanigans! Good cargo jacket too!

    ReplyDelete

We love hearing from you!

© Streets and Stripes
Maira Gall