Girl's Night Out in Philadelphia Hosted by Shecky's

Hey ladies! Tuesday night was Girl's Night Out in Philadelphia, an event hosted by Shecky's, and I was lucky enough to be the selected blogger to cover the event (you can check out my coverage here)! GNO is an annual event where unique vendors come together to host a night of fun filled with discount shopping, goodie bags, yummy food, and lots more. I'm so glad I went because I was able to spend some quality girl night (which was very much needed) as well as be introduced to new shops, boutiques and companies I have never known before.

The Girls
Abby, Marisa, and Mary were my dates for the night : ) We met up downtown with Marisa and then stopped to take some style pics in the parking garage before heading to the event. Yes, the parking garage.... :D 
The Venue
The event was held at the Wanamaker Building right in the heart of the city in their Crystal Tea Room on the ninth floor. They couldn't have picked a better venue for this event! The old architecture just highlighted all the beautiful clothing, jewelry, food, and more from the vendors.
 
The Vendors
I wasn't planning on purchasing anything at the event (since I'm on such a tight budget these days) but the prices were irresistible! Many vendors were offering special discounts to those attending the event. I ended up finding a gorgeous piece from XO Fam Mobile Boutique.
Above photos from CanDid Art Accessories.
Cosmetics from Jaguar Luxury Cosmetics.
One of my favorite stands was done by the Hush Boutqiue. They had such amazing clothes, jewelry and accessories laid out it was beyond tempting.
These cupcakes are made by Cupcakes Gourmet and were absolutely delicious. The story behind the story is also inspiring! It's a story with a miraculous ending with a tale of friendship. Definitely check out their Facebook too!
The 5th Madison Collection of soy candles was one of my favorite vendors as well, and definitely the best smelling one! These eco-friendly candles are soy based and come in a variety of smells and colors. Make sure to check them out on Facebook as well!

Stylish Guests
There were so many fashionable ladies that attend this event. I just this love striped skirt with a black lace top.  Also, is it just me or does she slightly resemble Selena Gomez?

An Event To Remember
This is the first time I ever wore a press pass. Woot woot!
Is it silly to get excited over something like that? :D
You can't really see it in this picture (so I'll save it later for a full fledged outfit post) but I walked away with this cute little dress for a nifty price of $35! I love supporting independent shops : )

-------------------

This was the first fashion event I have attended in Philadelphia and it only made me more excited about the creativity this city has. We already have an amazing arts scene so this is just icing on the cake for me!  I've really come to love this city after living 4 years just on the edge of it and I can't wait to discover more!

And once again thank you to Shecky's.com for hosting such a great event, for all the vendors and their hard work in creating amazing displays and bringing us the best products, and for everyone who attended who made it an unforgettable evening! See you at next year's Girl's Night Out!

Click here to see my post at Shekys.com and to learn more about the vendors!

No comments

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!

© Streets and Stripes
Maira Gall