RADIO CITY MUSIC HALL CHRISTMAS SPECTACULAR

This past Monday I was able to go to NYC to see The Rockettes perform at Radio City Music Hall their Christmas Spectacular show! It was absolutely phenomenal. And I was totally shocked and thrilled that they did a whole part on the birth of Jesus. I think it's great that they've kept than in for over 80 years despite societal pressure to take it out. Amazing.
First we started the day off with a walk through Central Park, then we headed to the show! After the show we had about two hours to walk around, see the sites, doing a little shopping, and grab something to eat.  We first popped into St. Peter's Cathedral to see their Christmas decoration and their nativity scene. It was absolutely stunning. Whenever I'm around grandeur architecture like that it leaves me speechless. I could feel the worship going on in such a beautiful and holy place.
After the Cathedral we went to Grand Central Station to grab a bite to eat. I ordered a turkey with avocado sandwich on a Jerusalem bagel, which was absolutely delicious!
Then we went for a little visit over to Rockefeller Square (where my favorite tv show is based) to see the ice skating and the beautiful tree.
{ This photo is from the recently opened 9/11 Memorial at Ground Zero. I remember going there several years ago when things were still just piles of dirt and rubble, and its amazing to see something so beautiful and serene come out of so much destruction. If you haven't gone to see the memorial put it on your list. It was one of my favorite parts of the trip for the meaning and significance it bears }
We ended the day with a walk through Times Square to see all the lights. I stopped to get a falafel before getting on the bus, and while it was delicious it tasted absolutely nothing like the falafels I had while I studies in Israel.
ETSY SHOP .. TWITTER .. PHOTOGRAPHY

No comments

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!

© Streets and Stripes
Maira Gall