Eat + Pray + Love


In hindsight I should have worn heels with this outfit, but we'll get 'em next time : ) 

The other day I finished reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. I first encountered this story line through the film in which actress Julia Roberts plays Elizabeth. My impression of the film was a happy-go-lucky film with some substance. However, it is absolutely nothing compared to the book. I literally Could Not Put It Down.  I walked away from the read inspired, challenged, and motivated. This woman went through so much, but learned how to put herself back together again. Her troubles and heartache were related to failed relationships, and that's definitely something I can relate to. I really admired the fact that she decided to take an extended break (about a year and a half) to distance herself from relationships with men. It's so easy to let love be a crutch.

This is definitely book I'm going to read again. If you saw the film and were disappointed, still give it a chance. I almost didn't, but I'm so glad I did.

No comments

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!

© Streets and Stripes
Maira Gall