Belgimum Whispers



I knew I was going to taste some new Belgium beer last Thursday night at the Sofitel, but I had no idea that I was in for a complete surprise.

The purpose of the event was the start a revolution. Instead of drinking wine with food, we tasted some incredible new beers alongside our steamed mussels and tasty pasta. Master Beer Sommelier Marc Stroobandt guided us through the process both visually with stunning videos, as well as tastefully describing to us the contents and process of each beer and even how to pour it to perfection!

My favorite was the Cidre, a cider beer made with hand picked apples. Marc explained to us the important difference between hand picked and machine picked apples; when the apples are picked by a machine they are shaken to the ground, bruising easily on their fall. Hand picked apples aren't compromised in any way and retain that crisp apple taste, perfect for brewing beer.

I took home a bottle of Cidre and unfortunately it was gone by the next day. Absolutely amazing. I definitely recommend it for your next get together with friends, or as a wind down to a busy day.

Photography & Words by Chaucee Stillman
First published on www.streetsandstripes.com

No comments

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!

© Streets and Stripes
Maira Gall