On Turning 25


Today I turn 25. I’ve been in Seattle the past few days with my friend Hannah and while we were there we took a day trip to Portland to visit Wonderland Tattoos. To celebrate turning 25 I got a sprig of rosemary on my left forearm. I decided on rosemary for a variety of reasons. Not only is it pretty and delicate, it’s a resilient herb that can survive through harsh winters and long droughts. It’s also a symbol of remembrance and a good luck charm for love. There has been a lot of transitions in my life the past few years and seeing this on my arm is a reminder and encouragement to keep going on.


Thanks to the talented Kirsten Holliday I now have a daily reminder of strength, endurance and hope. Here’s to the next 25!

No comments

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!

© Streets and Stripes
Maira Gall