On My Nighstand

I've been buried in good books lately, and here are some of my recent reads!


Flappers: Six Women of a Dangerous Generation was a book that I picked up on a whim. Telling the stories of Josephine Baker, Tallulah Bankhead, Diana Cooper, Nancy Cunard, Zelda Fitzgerald, and Tamara de Lempicka, this book showcases the emotion and strength of women during a generation that shaped the role of women in future generations. 


I picked up Into the Wild when I was in Seattle. I’ve attempted to read this book before but couldn’t ever get into it. I think now was a good time for me to read it. Chris’s passion for nature, self discipline and courage was inspiring. There’s a lot of controversy surrounding his death that the author dealt with from multiple viewpoints. It’s a good read for anyone who’s passionate about exploring the wild and understanding the humility needed when living in the wild.


The Unspeakable by Meghan Daum is a series of essays and musings over her life in a new city filled with new challenges. Her self-assurance is inspiring and her honesty with words gets to the heart of the emotion. I highly recommend this book! 


Looking for a new book to read? Check out my other recent reads and recommendations. What's on your nightstand lately?

No comments

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!

© Streets and Stripes
Maira Gall