Meatless Pulled Pork Sandwiches


The past few months have been a process of redoing my backyard...all new concrete, fresh grass and real adult outdoor furniture. It's really become a place I love to spend time. Since I work from home it's a great second workplace and spot to have my morning coffee.

During the weekend it's my favorite place to hang out, crack open a cold one and chow down on some delicious barbecue grub. This past weekend I whipped up some vegan pulled pork sandwiches reminiscent of my honey barbecue days. These are so good you'll want seconds, thirds and maybe even fourths!


Vegan Pulled Pork Sandwiches

1 packet of sliced portabella mushrooms
2 small sweet yellow onions
1 tbsp garlic salt
1/2 tbsp dried thyme
1/2 tbsp chilli powder
1 tsp agave
1 cup barbecue sauce
One packet of Light Life Crumbles
  1. First shred the mushrooms using forks and dice up the onions. Heat a spoonful of butter over medium heat in a skillet then throw in the mushrooms and onions. Sauté until slightly browned. 
  2. Add Light Life crumbles, the barbecue sauce, garlic salt, thyme, chili powder and a drizzle of agave. Stir for a couple more minutes until thoroughly mixed.
  3. Toast up some buns in the oven and top with the "pulled pork".
Enjoy!

No comments

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!

© Streets and Stripes
Maira Gall