2012 : COURAGE

For me New Years resolutions are unrealistic and disheartening. So why would I want to do that to myself? This year I'm going to choose a theme. Courage. I'm graduating in May, have some debts to pay, need to find a job, and have a dream to travel extensively while building my photography business. All this needs a big heaping dose of courage. So I'm going to take every opportunity I get and make the best of what I have, all to reach my goals.

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” – Mark Twain.”

Here's to 2012!
*Click through...


"If you get afraid of making mistakes, you are toast. You’re done. You’ve got to have courage. You’ve got to believe in yourself and the people who you surround yourself with, that you can go ahead, and your going to weigh the options, your going to be decisive, but a lot of its going to be visceral. This is really important because when it comes too intellectual, it becomes too cool. But when it becomes more visceral, and I’m not talking about flying off the handle, but there’s a gut thing." - Chris Johns (editor at National Geographic Magazine)

No comments

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!

© Streets and Stripes
Maira Gall