XIX Most Fashionable Women in Philadelphia

Going to an event with that kind of title, I know I had to bring out something bangin. And cobalt blue high waisted pants equals BAGIN in my mind. Monday night, the most fashionable women of Philadelphia gathered together to celebrate femininity, philanthropy, and personal style at the XIX Most Fashionable Women in Philly.
So I arrived in the cobalt blue pants, met up with Jacqui, and headed inside. Right before we walked in we realized we had forgotten to snap some photos of our outfits outside so we dashed down the 19 floors, snapped a few pics, and then headed upstairs to start covering the event.  Even though the Press badges didn't go with our outfits, they hung dutifully around our necks so people wouldn't think we were some weirdos with a camera (as if they already didn't get that from my bright blue pants).


See more photos...

Mary K Dougherty, store owner of Nicole Miller, unveiled the 3rd Annual XIX Most FAshionable Women in Philadelphia at the Bar XIX at the Bellevue on Broad. Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter was also in attendance and shared a few words with the guests celebrating Philly as a fashion city and shopping destination. I have to admit, it's pretty rare that I get to see a public figure in real life and it's almost like an a strange experience.  It was like I knew Michael Nutter existed before I saw him in person, but once I saw him in person it's almost like "hey, he really does exist!"

Honorees were chosen for their impeccable personal style as well as their commitment to the community and their philanthropic involvement. My personal favorite was Dr Natalie Nixon (pictured below). Her background included studies in Anthropology as well as African studies.
Rakia from Skai Blue Media.
Aren't these two just adorable? Her husband giving her a congratulatory kiss after being presented her award.  What a stylish couple! I'm looking forward to seeing more events like this in the future. However, I'd like to see younger women included.  The fashion scene in Philadelphia needs a good dose of young blood. While it's important to recognize a legacy of style, I'd love to see some young entrepreneurial women on the list next year!

To see more photos, check out the Facebook album!

*These pants were a gift from American Apparel.

No comments

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!

© Streets and Stripes
Maira Gall