Switchel Cider Ginger Fizz


Nothing says autumn quite like apple cider! While in New Hampshire for work last week we stopped at a liquor store and I came across this Switchel Cider Vodka made by Boggy Meadow Farm and I knew I had to try it. Sounds so delicious, right!?


Boggy Meadow is a dairy farm and mostly known for their funky cheeses, but owners Stephanie Cabot and Marcus Lovell Smith wanted to expand their operations and decided on exploring switchel, a drink made with apple cider vinegar that dates all the way back to colonial times. Tradition has it that farmers would sip this refreshing drink while working the harvest. The original recipe combines the flavors of ginger, apple cider vinegar and boiled cider. With this as a starting point, they set to work to capture the essence of times past in a switchel cider vodka. 


With my love for ginger I knew I had to mix this cider vodka into a spicy cocktail that smells and tastes just like fall. The candied apple slices I used for a garnish (which, my boyfriend said looked like potato wedges lol....but he's got a point) actually taste great floating in the cocktail too (extra apple & cinnamon ... yum!). I also have a feeling this switchel vodka would be GREAT with warm apple cider...that's next on the list!


Now for the cocktail!

You'll Need:
2 oz Switchel Cider Vodka
1 oz Ginger Liqueur
Top with Ginger Beer
Garnish with rosemary & candied cinnamon apple slices

Combine ingredients in a talls glass over ice. Garnish with rosemary stalk and candied cinnamon apple slices.

Cheers!

No comments

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!

© Streets and Stripes
Maira Gall