On My Nighstand


It's been a little while since I've shared what's on my nightstand, so here are a few at once; two I just finished and two I just started.


I saw my gal Julie picked this book up and it piqued my interest. Dan Harris is a journalist for ABC News and a co-anchor for Good Morning America. He suffered a panic attack while live on television and figured there must be another way to cope with stress and anxiety. This set him down a path of self discovery and shares what worked for him to lead a life where he's 10% happier.


I'm so glad I came across this book while browsing around Amazon. Kelsey Miller is a senior writer at Refinery 29 and started The Anti-Diet Project. Her life-long troubled relationship with food was getting old and was looking for an escape from food abuse and obsession. This is something I relate with so well and reading her journey to mending her relationship with food is inspiring and encouraging. Easily one of my favorite books I've read this year so far.

Next Up:



Loneliness is something that's not talked about. It comes with a whole host of stigmas that can be embarrassing and can lead to even more isolation.  Lonely by Emily White is a daring book that takes a look at this condition so many people are suffering with. I started reading it this week and already can't put it down. I look forward to learning more. 


Miss Fortune by Lauren Weedman has already gotten me holding-my-gut-cracking-up-laughing. A comedian and actress by trade, Lauren's memoir share stories from her life with such painful honestly and transparency that makes this book one you don't want to miss. Can't wait to finish this one! 

No comments

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!

© Streets and Stripes
Maira Gall