3 Great Beach Reads


Every year I look forward to the beach. I love to head out early, find a spot in the sand and crack open a good book. But what makes a book good for the beach? For me it must be a book that's easy to pick up where you left off, because sometimes beach reading back be interrupted by spontaneous volleyball/frisbee/random beach game with the cute dudes a couple towels down, know what I mean?

Here are four books I've read recently that would be great for some time in the sun.


Tracks: A Woman's Solo Trek Across 1700 Miles of Australian Outback
Robyn Davidson
Looking for: an adventure
Why I love it: I love stories of conventional women doing unconventional things. Robyn moved to the wild terrain of the Australian desert setting out to cross the rugged terrain with four camels and one dog.


Fat Girl Walking
Brittany Gibbons
Looking for: self-acceptance
Why I love it: You may know Brittany via her blog BrittanyHerself.com, and if you do you'll know her book was written with a large does of humor and honesty about life as a plus size woman.



Big Girl
Kelsey Miller
Looking for: new way of thinking about food
Why I love it: Kelsey Miller is a senior features writer at Refinery29 where she started The Anti Diet Project. In her book she talks in depth about her relationship with food and how she gave up dieting for good.

No comments

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!

© Streets and Stripes
Maira Gall