On My Nightstand


Me Before You is a story about a quadriplegic man who lost his desire to live. Louisa (Lou) is a young girl in her mid-twenties and happens up on the job as his caretaker. She takes it upon herself to show him that life is worth living. I had been passing by this book in the store for months now, and finally picked it up one day. While I enjoyed the storytelling and the easy tone of voice, I felt like I knew the ending about three-fourths of the way in. But still, a nice read.

Up next is Gather Together In My Name by Maya Angelou. Of course her classic When The Caged Bird Sings stone my heart, so I wanted to picking up another one of her novels. I'm always scared to read another book by one of my favorite authors because I don't want to be disappointed, but I have high hopes for this one and if anyone can do it again, it's Maya Angelou.

See the other books I've read.

No comments

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you!

© Streets and Stripes
Maira Gall